Monday, April 19, 2010

Coeur d'Alene & Moscow

I am so sorry for the delay in posting.  Unfortunately I was having some technical difficulty with logging into my account.  I am unsure what caused this but I do apologize that I am so behind.
I hope you enjoy hearing about our last 2 stops on our trip to Northern Idaho....

We went to Coeur d'Alene from Grangeville, what a beautiful drive!  I absolutely fell in love with this area!

Once we arrived we got settled into our lodging that just happened to be located right off of the lake.  This house had a beautiful view of the lake, we stayed in the basement that is rented out as a Bed & Breakfast by a retired woman. She rents it out in the summer and has had guests from all over!  She was very hospitable, so was her dog, Zach. :)  If I ever go back to visit, I know where I will be staying.

This area was definitely larger than the other communities we had visited thus far.  We drove through Hayden & Rathdrum as well.  One of the meetings we organized was in Rathdrum at Granny's Pantry.  I already had enough sugar that day but I was in definite need of a slice of pie (a la mode of course!).
It was great to talk to members of the community about local foods and to just hear their stories.  I found myself enjoying every conversation and viewed it as a wonderful learning opportunity.  I am learning so much about what matters to me as well as what is important to others.  

We were graciously offered a meeting space at the Lake City Senior Center and provided a delicious lunch.  In this community we focused mostly on the Senior population, we got a great deal of help from the Area Agency on Aging to set up participants.  Thank you so much for your help and participation!

While Coeur d'Alene is very beautiful and we wanted to explore it more, it was very chilly while we were there.  The wind was terrible!  But I was able to get some gorgeous sunset photographs (right off of the deck we were staying at!) that I will share...











WELCOME!!!





On our way home we had one last stop, Moscow.  This was a great last meeting, a delicious lunch from the Moscow Co-Op was included.  :)  I can't get over how welcoming and beautiful this state can be!
Our last meeting was a great wrap up of everything we are hearing.  I love getting to know this state and exploring how different each community is.   I have only been to Moscow once before but it is growing on me.  I love hearing stories that inspire us, I felt this way here.

I have some pictures of the drive to Moscow from Coeur d'Alene as well as in the town itself.  ENJOY!













After Moscow we made the journey home to Boise.  It was a fairly quick drive in the beginning until we passed McCall and we knew we were close to home.  The trip was wonderful but we were both missing people from home so it felt good to arrive HOME safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment